Friday, December 3, 2010

Extreme weather and Atheism

I heard a news brief this morning on the rise of extreme weather and then saw an article in the Metro Newspaper that an Atheist ad was approved for the sides of buses.  I immediately thought of the flood story in Genesis and the meaning of boundaries.  I get that we like to press boundaries – heck it’s kind of fun some times.  There are a great many out there that have hear me say “hey you’all – watch this!”.  My point is that some boundaries are meant for pressing and some we really need – like the boundaries between land and sea.  My recollection of Genesis Flood story is of a population gone wild with loosened boundaries.  The great “I AM” than replies with a removal of boundaries – namely the shoreline.  So here we are pressing our boundaries again.  How does Atheism help that?   You’d better hope that bus floats. I kind of like the stories of old – they help us remember that boundaries are – well – a good thing.  Maybe belief in a higher power could help us maintain those boundaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment