Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 6 mercy ship.

We went to the island today for a day if rest. We hired a fishing boat to get there and when u say fishing boat I mean hand crafted large canoe. On the island we walked to a private beach and some of the locals brought out tables and chairs and cooked us fresh fish from the ocean. It was a nice day full of adventure and colors. The fishing port is very busy and a real rush of smells and shouting. It really keeps you alive and awake. Even with all the activity the locals are so sweet and curios wanting to shake hands and visit. The highlight of the day was coming home in a leaky boat and an engine that failed. There we all were in the middle of the ocean when a torrential downpour started. The kind that soaks one in a second. It was just so raw And real and fantastic to be out there on the edge if it all It's where you find your true self and realize that there really is a better view from the edge. I never imagined myself so calm so close to god and so welcomed in an otherwise Wiley and rough place. I've changed. Africa has changed me. So many fears and cares washed away. While I've only been here a week I feel I've lived a lifetime and while I've only mentioned a few things here in this blog I know now I've got a ton of great stories

No comments:

Post a Comment